As for this weekend, Carolyn and I are heading over to Athens to celebrate Sara's and my birthdays.
Working on a big canvas: 40 acres on Lookout Mountain, Alabama.
Purchase and Location
I bought this property in 2005 and named it Richmond Woods for my father who taught me about nature and respect for the wild. It's located in Alabama near the Alabama/Georgia state line. The small nearby village of Mentone, AL has been a mountain retreat for 150 years for people escaping the summer heat of Birmingham and Atlanta. My companion, Carolyn, has helped me every step of the way.
A Cottage in the Woods
When you were little, did someone read fairy tales to you? Invariably, there was mention of a cottage in the woods. Our plan is to build such a place: handmade, no architect plans, buying local materials or using salvaged materials. The purpose of this blog is to document our progress.
A Cottage in the Woods
When you were little, did someone read fairy tales to you? Invariably, there was mention of a cottage in the woods. Our plan is to build such a place: handmade, no architect plans, buying local materials or using salvaged materials. The purpose of this blog is to document our progress.
Friday, June 15, 2012
Light Duty
Wednesday and Thursday, I formalized the cross-bracing, adjusted the left-right alignment of the posts, and picked up a load of wood for the purlins. Also, I got the metal roofing staged up at the building site. Roofing screws and joist hangers have been ordered. Ready for some major work next week.
As for this weekend, Carolyn and I are heading over to Athens to celebrate Sara's and my birthdays.
As for this weekend, Carolyn and I are heading over to Athens to celebrate Sara's and my birthdays.